Near Eastern Wildcat
The domestic cat (Felis silvestris catus) is a descendant of the Near Eastern Wildcat (Felis silvestris lybica). Recent genetic studies indicate that there are five subspecies of Wildcat:
- European wildcat (Felis silvestris silvestris)
- Near Eastern Wildcat (Felis silvestris lybica)
- Southern African Wildcat (Felis silvestris cafra)
- Central Asian Wildcat (Felis silvestris ornata)
- Chinese Mountain/Desert Cat (Felis silvestris bieti)
The Chinese Desert Cat is also known as Felis bieti and was previously thought to be a separate species. This new classification hasn't yet taken hold and may still be the subject of some debate.
This question is part of the Battle of the Brains, a multiple choice learning game.
44% of the game players picked the right answer on the first try.
Copyright © vanAnnies. All rights reserved.